Vintage Pic of the Week:

Vintage pic of the week: "when exotic pets were the accessory du jour" Actress Phyllis Gordon with her cheetah. I'll just pretend my cockapoo is a wolf...

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Apparently 2012 Never Happened...

Accordingly to my blog, the last thing I did was visit the Vienna zoo in July of 2011... It is now September of 2013 and just to clarify, things were happening in the interim. To read about a smattering of them you could peruse my articles on Meridian Magazine.

So what brought me back to confiding in cyberspace?

I'm in a kind of crazy post-college graduation phase of life (oh yea, THAT happened...)


In trying to make plans for my life and move forward with things, I feel at once inundated with thoughts and objectives and at a loss for how to proceed. I often wish I could hear from someone that is a little ahead of me on a similar path so they could call back to me and tell me what there is to look forward to and which potholes to avoid. I guess I feel the need to have a forum to organize my thoughts and I'd like to be that person calling out to anyone who needs to hear it. (I also just have a high need to share about things that excite me like surprisingly good new TV shows and facts about dinosaurs and delicious food.)

I am saving up money to move to New York City to be an actress and a writer so I've essentially chosen to be poor and have my self-confidence defied and confronted on a regular basis. It's all kind of scary and also thrilling and exasperating and exhilarating. 

The other day I was at a dance call for a musical movie. I knew that I was a cut below the rest of auditioners in technical skill, I had no expectation of impressing the director. But I also knew that I was doing better at picking up choreography and having confidence in the steps than I'd done in a long time. I came away feeling pretty good and exciting for more opportunities to practice and hone and perfect. I didn't get cast, but it felt like a triumph. 

It's for moments like that, moments where you can smell progress even if you have nothing to show for it, that I'm resuming this blog. Acknowledging steps taken (even if they're mainly internal) is the way to barrel towards actually changing your life. 

Also, I'll probably get less philosophical at times and show you the thrift store clothes I'm trying to make stylish, the old pictures that just get me going (see Louis and wife above), and these situations that are embarrassing beyond belief and yet still need a forum for display. 

So, think a little or have a laugh at my expense. Either way, visit me now and then and we'll see where all this is going. 
(I'm just throwing this picture in in case you watching the mess of a wipeout video that linked to. The rumba, proving I have been coordinated at least once before, I'm not just a clumsy, ostrich faller-offer...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO happy you're back!!! I have missed your blog. in the past year, late at nights, i would come to this site just to see if you were living any more travel dreams...

    well, just know that if you need a place to crash while you are making it big in NYC, Delaware is just a coupla hours away. the drive-through state, they call it. well, you can drive through on your way to fame!

    thanks for posting again! and also for reminding me about that ostrich video. <3

    ReplyDelete