Vintage Pic of the Week:

Vintage pic of the week: "when exotic pets were the accessory du jour" Actress Phyllis Gordon with her cheetah. I'll just pretend my cockapoo is a wolf...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Life as a Teacher of Engrish

It's absolutely true what they say about asians using a peace sign as their go-to picture pose. NOT A STEREOTYPE.
This is my fourth grade class. They are one the smaller classes and easier to handle. One of the students looks like the cartoon beaver from lady and the tramp. I mean that in the most endearing way. They usually stand up and say "Good Morning Teacher" and then I say "Good Morning class, how are you?" and they say "I'm fine, thank you and you?" But having the camera on them got them confused and they didn't know what I was saying so they just skipped to the end.
They thought I was taking a picture when I was taking a video a la Sami Grozbean. They are my fifth grade class---the class that demands the most energy from me at the time slot where I have the least to give. Ain't that always the way? I need almost twice as much material/songs/games to do with them because they don't stay on any one thing for more than a very few minutes.
6th grade. Fastest learners and also the ones with the most attitude. The kid offering me a flower in this video has been standing outside the teachers room waving at me the whole time I've been writing this blog. Today when we sat down to do "down by the banks" I looked around and the boys and girls had separated themselves off from each other. In my head I said "what is this a 6th grade dan---oh. right."

So that's where I am in my (dare I say it) Anna and the King life. That movie/book is banned so probably keep my mention of it on the DL is all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment